Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Do You Know What Love Really Is? It Is Not What You See In The Movies

The word love has been weakened by man by using it in different ways:
  • I love to go out to eat Chinese food
  • I love this blue outfit and the jewelry that matches it
  • I love to drive that new blue sport car
  • I love to go on a vacation to Hawaii and Israel
  • I love to go out with that person
  • I love to have a pet Yorkie
  • I love going on float trips and camping
People have over used the word love, including myself.  The true word that should be used is the word “like.”  The word like is a better word that should be used for places, activities, and things.  I said I love all these things and all these things I would enjoy for awhile, but these things would never love me back the way I wanted to be loved. 
 
The true meaning of the word love is to think seriously or contemplate in a marriage of great love, devotion, and respect.  Love is the ultimate expression of God’s loyalty, purity, and mercy extended toward His people and reflected in human relationships of brotherly concerns.
Love, also known as Agape Love is an act of worship done to show honor and respect in the relationship between Lord and believers.
 
At the age of 14 I heard, For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16.
I thought, God loved me that much that He gave His Son Jesus Christ to die for me, and Jesus Christ loved me that much to pay the penalty of all my sins and wrong doings, and dyed in my place so I could live forever.  I have been bullied, teased, and hit on by other neighbor children, children at school, and teachers since I started school.  I wanted to know more and have that kind of love.

At the age of 16, I became a Christian believer by asking the Lord to come into my heart and to forgive all of my sins.  I felt so light as if I was floating and I felt so peaceful, and different on the inside of me, though I did not understand at that time what had all had happened.
 
When a person becomes a new Christian believer they receive a new spirit man, the gift of righteousness, and the Holy Spirit that controls their lives in a beautiful special way. God produces the fruit of the spirit in them of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.  Gal. 5: 22-23.

The Lord replaced my old spirit man (known as your heart) and gave me a loving, kind, and compassionate heart.  As weeks, months, and years would go by I noticed I was acting different toward people, especially those that treated me badly.
 
In the new commandment we are to love each other just,as Jesus has loved us.  Jesus said, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecuted you. Matthew 5:44.

Testimony:
 I once worked in a company back home for four years where coworkers would scheme and plot against me.  They would do this to get a raise, a promotion, or just to fit in with the rest of the crew.  They were only out for themselves. 

One day I was eating my lunch by myself and over heard them talking how they wanted to fix up their yards with flowers and shrubs.  In my heart I was reminded of the beautiful flowering bushes I had at home that had seeds.  After work, I went and gathered the seeds and put the different color of flower seeds into envelopes and brought them to work. 

The next day, again at lunch they were talking about their yards.  I walked up and one of the ladies verbally snapped at me, I just smiled and told them that I overheard their conversation yesterday and went home to get the seeds off of my flowering bushes to give to them.  Two of the ladies said thank you, and another asked me why I was doing this for the way they had treated me.  I told her I loved people and loved to give to people I care about.  She told me she did not understand, but I explained she will some day.  From then on I didn’t have any trouble.  Showing love never fails.

Anyone who loves is born of God and knows God, but anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 1John 4:7-8.
 
 When I had asked Jesus to be my Lord and Savior, He worked on the inside of me cleaning and taking the garbage of hatred, shyness, and the desires of this world out of me. God molds us to have the perfect love like Him.  You are to be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:48.

People are often confused on love and lust.  Unlike lust, love is directed outward toward others, not inward toward ourselves. Here is God's perfect love:
  • Love is patient and kind. 
  • Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. 
  • Love does not demand its own way. 
  • Love is not irritable and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. 
  • It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 
  • Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance.  Love will always last forever.  1 Corinthians 13:4-8
I have a friend that works at the Red Cross.  When she is off work, she starts working in her yard mowing grass or pulling weeds.  When she is finished and she sees another person working in their yard, she heads over to their place to help them out.  She seen a person once painting his house and she went over to help.  She showed love by helping others and never expects anything in return.
 
The more I become like Christ the more love I will show to others.
I show love in other ways by:
  • Speaking kind words to others and lift their spirit up
  • Visiting people at nursing homes and hospitals
  • Visiting people in prisons
  • Helping the poor or showing compassion to people hurting
  • Telling others about Jesus and how they can have eternal life
There are three things that will endure, faith, hope, and love, and the greatest of these is love. 1Corinthians 13:13.

I am so grateful for God's love for me, His love endures forever for me.  He never leaves me or forsake me and He remains the same yesterday, today, and forever.  God wants a friendship and fellowship relationship with me.  His  will is for me to allow Him to take care of me and for me to not worry, but to trust and rest in Him.   He takes the heartaches and loneliness away; He brings lovely and kind people into my life; He protects me; He helps me when I need Him in a situation; He heals me when I get sick; and He provides me with my needs.  I have never seen Him, but I know He is there and real, and I have confidence in Him for He has never failed me.  God is Love and as a believer I am His child and He lives in me.

God loves you just as much as He loves me.  God wants you to come just as you are, it does not matter what you have done in your life.   He wants you as His child so He can care for you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment